“For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.” -Vincent Van Gogh
Stars…….Shining…glitter and sparkle…light…grouped together they form constellations…pictures in the sky, if we only can connect the right dots. I used to live near the mountains. Looking up at the night sky, so clear you could taste it, I wanted to touch those sparkling gleams of light. They were just always out of reach. I kept looking, dreaming, wondering.
With these first thoughts to you I continue to look, to reach, to dream. So much has changed in my life during the past three years. After over fifty years in the same town, I bought a coffee shop and moved across the state of Colorado. Then I became a music director and voice teacher for a Performing Arts Academy. Two years ago, I was hired as a musician at a Dinner Theatre in Florida. Talk about following the dream! I continue to develop New York Broadway Triple Threat Intensives for theatre students. I will always help performers follow their dreams. During all of these adventures I have continued to teach. I believe teachers are born with an innate ability and desire to help others experience their own adventures. With the performing arts those adventures can be discovered………
What should you expect from my Blogs?
Various subjects that share my passions……And……..teaching, of course!
Music, Theatre, Art, Food, Nature, Dance, Beautiful Buildings, Costumes, Quilts…
the list is endless.
I will steal words from great artists and use their art for inspiration. Every single person in this universe has a bit of star quality. Most of us are in denial. Some need a bit of guidance to find that sparkle. I use guidance from the great artists, writers, poets, musicians. The humanities are the expression of our souls.
Look for these topics :
- *I memorized my song last night, I am ready today!
- *But I practiced twice last week!
- *Piano lessons, What?
- *My best friend’s mom is my voice teacher?
- *That accompanist just didn’t play my audition piece correctly!
- *Why didn’t I get that part?
- *How do I choose a college?
- *What was that song about?
- *Creative costumes for pennies!
I refer to Mr. Van Gogh’s quote. “For my part, I know nothing with certainty….” That may not be totally accurate. I know I love ice cream. I know if I don’t practice, I play or sing the wrong notes. I know there is magic in a wonderful music moment. My teaching topics are choices to share my experience with you. Read my thoughts, use what works for you and don’t worry about the rest. Because I am never totally certain about anything in this life, I will continue to study, to question, to learn, ……and to keep dreaming at the sight of the Stars.
Come dream with me!
*****Go see ‘Starry Nights’ at the Museum of Modern Art, 11 West 53rd St. NY, NY 10019
****Best use of Ice Cream this fall……vanilla scooped on home made Peach Crumble * see recipe
Terri’s easy home made Peach Crumble
- 8 – 10 large peaches
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup pecans (coarsely chopped)
- Peel and slice peaches into a 9×13 inch baking dish/pan. Sprinkle with 1 cup brown sugar.
- Combine water and corn starch. Dribble over peaches….stir slightly if desired.
- Melt butter in microwave….add flour, brown sugar and oatmeal. Sprinkle over peaches. Top with chopped pecans. Bake 350 degrees or until topping is brown and crispy.
- Serve while still warm with Vanilla Ice Cream. YUM!